Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ravenlox in reverse

I arrived in Iwate last night at 3:00am thanks to the most excellent driving and company of someone whom I respect very highly. I stumble into the base in Ofunato looking forward to sleep albeit on a floor and not in a bed. I go to my corner of the room and see a lump on the floor where my mat, sleeping bag and pillows should be. My "bed" is taken. By someone I don't know. (For the record, if I did know this person I would not have hesitated to wake them up and gently kick them off my 2.5 inch mat. Not wanting my first encounter with this person to be one of "move, please" I decide to wait until the morning to reclaim my space.)

All this to say I felt like Goldilox (except I have black hair which makes me Ravenlox) but in reverse. My new friend and I had a nice chat this morning and I have reclaimed my space to be occupied again as soon as possible as I'm going on very little sleep. Birds start chirping in Ofunato around 4:00am, if anyone is interested. Did I mention I'm not a big fan of nature? Anything that disrupts my sleep, even if it's birds announcing a new day is not something I'm fond of especially at such an early hour. Perhaps I'll feel differently if I'm in my "bed"? Perhaps not.

No comments:

Post a Comment