Monday, April 18, 2011

My first day off

I've been here a little over two weeks and tomorrow is my first real day off.  We're to have one day off per week but there was too much to do last week and I got half a day off instead.  This might have something to do with my level of exhaustion?  Perhaps.  Just maybe.

I just wrote two paragraphs about what all is wrong in my life but I realized I hate it when people bitch and moan to me so it would be prudent on my part to not do that to you.  Let's just say my several days off which starts on Saturday afternoon cannot possibly come soon enough.  Let's also say in a day or so I will actually start counting down the hours.  I need a break that badly.

Tomorrow.....I'm not sure what I will do but I do know I will want to be alone.  I'm not sure how I'm going to accomplish that as all of us foreigners here stick out and as such I won't get the privacy I need.  In Tokyo I blend into the scenery.  In Tokyo I have safe people I can break down in front of.  Here, I don't blend, and I don't know these people well enough yet to totally lose it in front of them.  (Although several times I've come very close.  My goal this year was to learn patience.  Maybe I am?)

I will do my laundry in a bucket, wash my hair in the sink, take a sponge bath in a smelly bathroom and then go walking in the hopes I will find comfort food only I can manage to find.  Will people leave me alone as I walk?  I hope so.

I am venting, aren't I?  I hope to spare you this in the future.  Let's just say after my first day off tomorrow I plan to be completely renewed and tired only because I've been walking all day.  Sleep first, then a fun day of doing nothing.  I'm counting down the hours.

2 comments:

  1. And find some beauty that makes your heart sing. Its there--even in the ugliness. You need to find something good to feed on. LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a saint for doing this. You're already incredibly strong, and I know this can only galvanize you further. Keep your good faith!

    ReplyDelete