Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Donations in

Several days ago I sent out a massive call for relief supplies.  To date, all but my sleeping bag has arrived.  I'm actually not sure it's going to get here in time so there may be yet another trip to REI tonight. 

I wanted you all to see what I've received.  My original thought was to take a photo but I can't.  I'm running out of sunlight and time and I really need to get packing.  I'm guessing you all have fairly active imaginations and can mentally picture what this will look like, or rather what my living room looks like right now.

To date, I have received the following:
  • 178 bars of soap
  • 140 toothbrushes
  • 93 tubes of toothpaste
  • 208 protein bars
  • 137 pairs of underwear
  • 81 packets of tissue paper
  • seven jackets
  • seven duffel bags
  • two blankets
  • ten shirts
  • three pairs of pants
  • 60 pairs of socks
  • 200 diapers
  • ten large packages of baby wipes
  • 30 packets of small baby wipes
  • 200 packages of sanitary napkins
  • 30 boxes of Band-Aids
  • 20 bottles of hand sanitizer
  • 50 t-shirts
  • four bottles of multivitamins
And other things I can't think of at the moment.  These will be donated to the people who need them in a variety of locations.

Thank you again for your support, generosity and kindness.

3 comments:

  1. Why do you need 137 pairs of underwear? And you're in adult diapers already? Man, you really are losing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of these donations are for me!
    The underwear is for those in shelters. They're wearing the same pair since the day of the earthquake. It's the must have item I was told to bring. That and toilet paper, soap, toothbrushes, etc.

    Never ever take your toilet paper for granted again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its 31Mar at 11a Chicago time. You're on the plane between here, there, and way over there. I'm so proud of you for doing this. I know you're scared and wearing ugly boots but we all love you even more for rocking ugly boots and socks worn for 3 days with such grace and humor. I'm praying for you and all of Japan. I'm glad you're able to have a part of helping! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO!!

    ReplyDelete