Monday, March 28, 2011

Meltdown in Trader Joe's

My husband and I went to Trader Joe's tonight.  He needed salad ingredients and I was buying $100 worth of nuts and protein bars to distribute from check I received today in the mail.  (Thanks, Angela!)  While we're at the checkout line, David Bowie's "We Could Be Heroes" comes on and my husband leans over to me and says, "in your case not just one day but 60."  There's a line in the song that goes "we could be heroes, just for one day."  Of course I start crying.  In Trader Joe's.  In the checkout line.  It's just been one of those days.

I'm going to bed early tonight.  I need sleep.  I'm going to appreciate the fact I have sleep medication at my disposal.  I need to just sleep.  Tomorrow will bring an entirely new set of adventures, I'm sure.

2 comments:

  1. I had a similar meltdown when taking my mom to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. Mine was at the Rochester Target. Glad to know I'm not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! It DOES help to know others have their "moments" too!!

    ReplyDelete